Do you love Glitter? But hate the Mess?


I found a great solution! Glitter glue! 




I remember when I was a kid and I loved using glitter in my craft projects! But I hated the mess, so did the rest of the family. Glitter got everywhere! Even if we made things at school, the glitter inevitably made it's way home.

Well many years have gone by and I chose not to have glitter in my house. But someone had a innovation to solve that!  I love innovations! They put glitter into a transparent glue! Brilliant! Now we can dab or paint the glitter where we want it and not have to worry about getting it all over the house. Make sure to give the glue enough time to dry before displaying or using your creation. I found if you apply the glitter glue thickly it takes several hours to dry. Applied thinly, it dries more quickly. If you apply it over paint that is not completely dry, it gives a washed effect which dulls both the underlying color and the glitter. It depends on what effect you want for a project how you apply the glue.

Gold, silver and even florescent colors, single or a kaleidoscope of mixed colors! Check out your local dollar store to see what they have!
Can you tell I am excited about this find?

Left to right Redwood or Sequoi cones:
First cone on the left is painted plain white.
Second is white, let partially dry, then the whole cone is painted with glitter glue and left to dry. It's hard to see the glitter as it shows up as white spots on the other colors. 
Third is a unpainted cone with whole cone painted with glitter glue.
On the fourth unpainted cone, I have dabbed blobs of glitter glue on each scale. This intensifies the glitter into one spot so it's more noticeable.
I did the same with the red painted cone. 
The last red cone is left just painted. In real life, the glitter is more noticeable than what you see in the photo.
It appears if you want the full glitter affect, paint it in blobs exactly where you want it rather than painting the whole cone.  Enjoy!



Popular posts from this blog

How to Remove Pine Cone Sap or Pitch from Skin, Clothing or Cones

Making and Maintaining a White Worm Culture for Small Pets

Is Warmer Water a Problem for Aquarium Fish During Summer Heat Waves?